Companions for the elderly
Everyone needs peace of mind that their wellbeing, or the wellbeing of a loved one, is in the best possible hands.
We believe listening and talking to people is an important part of everyone’s wellbeing.
That’s why Arden Companions provides support and companionship, in the comfort and security of your own home and out of the home environment.
Some clients want Arden Companions to provide short term help for a given task at a particular time. Other clients prefer weekly contact and flexible support to meet evolving needs.
The following are examples of service requests.
- Accompany to business or medical appointments to support or take notes
- Help plan and organise a move to new accommodation
- Research and locate information; secure domestic and other services
- Signpost to specialist sources of help e.g. mobility services
- Make or chase appointments, help with correspondence and filling in forms
- Teach basic computer use: word processing, email, internet, Skype
- Provide word processing, email and internet services for clients without a computer
- Make bookings: restaurants, transport, tickets for concerts, sporting events, theatre etc.
- Organise and facilitate social events in client's home or other venue e.g. coffee morning or birthday party
- Help with gift, clothes or food shopping
- Read to the visually impaired
- Arrange activities and support local networking
- Someone to talk to and keep you company
- Someone to call at your home to check if you are safe and comfortable
- Help to take/transport you to a local club, or church group
- Accompany you on walks, outings, trips and to lunch or dinner
- Attend films, plays, concerts, meetings and other events with you
- Take you to visit friends, relatives and neighbours
- Arrange and escort you to appointments, provide reminders
- Help you with travel arrangements
- Help you with filling in forms and claiming benefits
- Help you with letter writing and keeping in touch with friends & relatives
- Organize your mail and maintain your calendar for you
- Assist you with entertaining
- Participate with you in Arts & crafts, hobbies and interests
- Help you with clothing selection
- Buy books, papers and magazines and help you with reading
- Medication reminders and recording the taking of medication
In Birmingham, more than 34,000 people in this age group are isolated
Promote your independence health & well being
Contact Julie for a friendly chat and to discuss your individual requirements.